Here at The Hospital Group we have developed recipes with our lead dietitian to help you maximise post surgery weight loss with a balanced diet.
After weight loss surgery, it is important to follow a healthy, balanced diet, as well as remaining active and participating in light exercise (after your advised recovery period) to ensure optimum success from your procedure. Often, we find ourselves in a slump when deciding what to cook, especially lunchtime meals, when trying to adhere to a diet plan. However, following a diet plan can be useful in providing inspiration for day to day meals when trying to lose weight.
Preparing a healthy lunch, whether this is to be eaten on the go or at work, is not as difficult if you know what you’re making. Why not try out our THG recipes next time you’re stuck for lunchtime meal ideas?
First Idea: Manhattan Wrap and Apple.
This Manhattan wrap is a favourite for those wanting to get something more substantial in their diet than a typical salad or soup. With a great mix of protein and carbs, this is ideal for lunchbox prep. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare the ingredients, so no excuses! And, take an apple in your THG lunchbox for 1 of your 5 a day. Motivated to make this delicious lunch? Check out our THG Manhattan wrap recipe below:
Manhattan wrap (5 minutes):
- tbsp non-fat cream cheese
- 25g smoked salmon
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Wholemeal wrap, warmed
- Smear the non-fat cream cheese onto the wrap.
- Layer the smoked salmon over the top.
- Squeeze over the lemon and grind over some black pepper.
- Add the shredded lettuce and wrap up.
Second Idea: Greek salad with 1 Ryvita and slice of fresh melon.
Greek salad is a classic, healthy meal. Try this recipe out if you want something with less carbs and more vegetables. Our THG Greek salad is seasoned with a great mix of herbs and flavours to ensure it is the tastiest salad you will find. This light meal is ideal for those who have a few more precious minutes in the morning, as it will take up to 10 minutes to prepare. And, bring a slice of melon to round off your lunch – whole, roughly chopped or diced. For more info see the Greek salad recipe below:
Greek salad (10 minutes):
- 30g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tomato, quartered
- small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 4 black olives, drained
- For the dressing:
- tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- tsp dried oregano
- tsp capers in brine or salt, rinsed. (Optional)
- Take a large serving bowl and mix together the feta cheese, tomato, red onion and black olives.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper, dried oregano and the capers together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and mix well.
Did you know…?
Our dietitians canhelp you to create adiet plan to suit your specific needs ifyou’ve had weight loss surgery with The Hospital Group.
Still considering weight loss surgery?Speak to our team of experts to find out more about different procedures available.