Mr Sharples is a highly experienced Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon who has gained extensive expertise throughout his career.
Currently a Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust, he has held a number of roles in the NHS and completed Fellowship training in upper gastrointestinal and bariatric surgery in the Midlands in the UK, as well as in Canada. He continues to use the specialist skills he has acquired to benefit his patients.
In order to develop his operative and clinical skills and ensure that they continue to be current, Mr Sharples undertakes ongoing professional development. He attends educational courses to further enhance his specialist competency, and has taken part in and presented at medical conferences and meetings at home and abroad.
In addition, Mr Sharples has written and contributed to publications relating to his area of expertise. He contributes to a teaching programme at Keele University and has regularly tutored groups of medical students, as well as lecturing GP trainees on surgical topics relevant to general practice.
• MBChB (Honours) (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
• MRCS (Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England)
• PGCERT (Med Ed) (Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education)
• FRCS (Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England)
• MSc in Trauma Science (Distinction)
• Royal College of Surgeons of England
• Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
• Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons
• British Medical Association
book your free consultation